Friday, May 22, 2009

Average Guy (or Girl)

Are you tired of reading remodeling magazines articles about multi-million dollar remodeling companies with a 1,000 employees and the mansions they are working on all the time? I am, I constantly scan articles for average guys that need average advise. When I am seeking advice for my business I cannot look to the trade magazines because the articles are about the contractors that have a staff of people that meet and come up with great ideas or the contractor who does 5 million are year in sales and gives bonuses and gifts and such, what about me....I compete for my work, I have very little resources available to advertise, I am the staff and barely makes ends meat. Is there a magazine or book for the average guys out there?

I have found that my best business advise has come from my membership with the local remodelers council and the face to face meetings with others business owners that are dealing with the same issues, if you have a local council I would suggest you save your money on the magazines and books and join.

No comments: